Thursday, January 31, 2008

Huckabee gets last word in CA Republican Debate - and the most eloquent and the most real

Huckabee summed up and demonstrated his role as a leader of this Country, and a leader among the Presidential Candidates tonight by delivering the following eloquent and real statement in response to the last question of tonight's debate - while the rest of the candidates focused, as usualy, on their pride, or arguing with each other. [The question was effectively, "Would Reagan endorse you if he were here today?" Mitt & McCain essentially said "yes," Ron Paul answered it sideways.]

"I think it would be incredibly presumptuous and even arrogant for me to try to suggest what Ronald Reagan would do, that he would endorse any of us against the others.

Let me just say this, I'm not going to pretend he would endorse me. I wish he would. I would love that, but I endorse him, and I'm going to tell you why.

It wasn't just his specific policies, but Ronald Reagan was something more than just a policy wonk. He was a man who loved this country, and he inspired this country to believe in itself again.

What made Ronald Reagan a great President was not just the intricacies of his policies, though they were good policies. It was that he loved America and saw it as a good nation and a great nation because of the greatness of its people.

And if we can recapture that, that's when we recapture the Reagan spirit. It's that spirit that has a can-do attitude about America's future and that makes us love our country whether we're Democrats or Republicans.

And that's what I believe Ronald Reagan did -- he brought this country back together and made us believe in ourselves.

And whether he believes in us, I hope we still believe in those things which made him a great leader and a great American."



___________________________________________

Wishing Mike & his supporters All the Best,
Theresa
The Kids' Bank Book
I Like Mike

No comments: