Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Ego-trip of the nea-sayers "not electable" comments

I'm coming to realize that when a person (or RMSM - Republican Main Stream Media) says that they'd consider voting for Huckabee, except that he's "not electable," that what they really mean is this:

"I don't want to vote for someone who might lose. I only want to vote for someone for whom I am assured of a win."

Which then translates into:

"I only want to be on winning teams - no matter what. As long as my team and my guy win, the rest - the substance, the character - is irrelevant."

This "I want a guaranteed win" mentallity is part of what is wrong with America today. Why?

1. It's short-term and short-sighted and immediate-gratification only.

2. It ignores the work and the effort part of the equation. It would be much better to say "I want to be on the team that has the best skills and gives the best effort, and I hope a win is the end result of that work and effort." This is the mentallity that is so sorely lacking in our society today. We blame and point to the kids and young adults, but obviously, the adults are modeling this behavior for the kids.

3. Nothing is guaranteed. Everything involves risk - especially in America. This is just another example of people wanting to be spoon-fed an easy, risk-free life. They don't want to work or commit without their desired result being guaranteed. What's surprising is that this demeanor is coming from the Republicans, who stand for personal-responsibility.

So, it's really not about Mike Huckabee at all.

It's about the frailty of the speaker's ego.


Be an example of a person with character, vote for Mike Huckabee, not your ego.

___________________________________________

Wishing Mike & his supporters All the Best,
Theresa
The Kids' Bank Book
I Like Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theresa,
take a look at this
ROMNEY CHEATING ON NATIONAL TV IN LAST NIGHT DEBATE.
GO TO : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX3Xc8mA3B4
and don't forget to email to any national TV station with your comment.
Please submit your donation using our code:
r9562 for every $10 we'll match $1.
thanks and God Bless
Calin and Lucia

Theresa Markham, Esq. said...

If true (I did hear the whisper, but do not know where it came from or who heard it), it is a sad day indeed for America, American politics, the Romney family, and his faith community.